To date, there are several routing points that can be utilitsed to retrieve the most accurate distance based on minimised sailing in ECA zones. These routing points must always be added manually to a rotation as the DDT is not adjusted to minimise sailing in ECA zones, i.e. the DDT calculates the shortest navigable route available.
More information about ECA: Emission Controlled Areas (ECA) and Bunker Consumption Estimation.
To Search for/Add a War Risk/Piracy Routing Point
- Routing point searches can be performed in two ways, either in the search field or by using a map.
- Click the Show Ports box to show all routing point/ports.
- Locate applicable routing point on the map.
- Click on or hover over (with the cursor) applicable routing point symbol .
- An information pop-up opens providing routing point/port name and/or code and details.
- Enter the routing point name or code in the search field to the right.
- A drop-down list of ports will display.
- From the list either
- click applicable routing point/port or
- when the routing point/port is at the top of the list press the Tab key - the routing point/port name will display in full in the search field or
- use the down-arrow to select applicable routing point/port - it will highlight.
- Click Add or press Enter. The routing point/port is added to the route.
Note: If applicable drag the newly added routing point to the correct place in the list of routing points/ports.
- Ensure the route is updated accordingly by verifying the sailing route.
Description / Name
Examples - with and without routing point:
|Houston - EW - Vancouver, BC - with routing point||Houston - Vancouver BC - without routing point|